|Version||Varies with device|
|Update||January 31, 2022|
|Content Rating||Rated for 3+|
AetherSX2 is a emulator of the PS Two console for the Android platform. You can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.
A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application.
You need a high end device to achieve good performance. We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result.
Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be much lower than Adreno GPUs.
– System simulation
– OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
– Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
– Widescreen patches for games without native support
– Save states
– Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
– Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
– Per game settings
AetherSX2 should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself. To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
You are now ready to download AetherSX2 for free. Here are some notes:
- Please check our installation guide.
- To check the CPU and GPU of Android device, please use CPU-Z app